We are testing for Full-time employment!
Click here to apply
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Minooka Fire Protection District:
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age, unless exempt as noted under state statute (65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.3) at time of application;
- No felony convictions (Note: Some misdemeanors will disqualify);
- Be a U.S. Citizen;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Have a High school Diploma or GED equivalent;
- APPLICANT MUST POSSESS:
- ILLINOIS STATE FIRE MARSHAL CERTIFIED FIREFIGHTER II OR BASIC OPERATIONS FIREFIGHTER AND a valid EMT-B License issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) at time of application, OR,
- BE A LICENSED PARAMEDIC (if a licensed paramedic, firefighter II or basic operations firefighter is not required at time of application)
- NOTICE: MUST BE A LICENSED PARAMEDIC AND A CERTIFIED FIREFIGHTER II OR BASIC OPERATIONS FIREFIGHTER AT DATE OF CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT AND SUCCESSFULLY TEST INTO THE EMS SYSTEM
- Provide proof of a current and valid CPAT card with ladder certification issued within 12 months of the application deadline date (October 27, 2023) to qualify for placement on any list of eligible candidates (70 ILCS 705/16.06b(f). Any costs associated with the CPAT and ladder certification will be at the expense of the applicant.
- NOTICE: In the event any applicant who has been found eligible for appointment and whose name has been placed upon the final eligibility register has not been appointed to a firefighter position within one year after the date of his or her CPAT examination with ladder certification, the Board will require proof of subsequent CPAT with ladder certification prior to his or her appointment. CPAT and Ladder certification must have been completed within one year of conditional offer.
Part-time Firefighter/Paramedic and Firefighter/EMT-B
Minooka Fire Protection District is now accepting applications for Part-time Firefighter/Paramedic and Firefighter/EMT-B.
- Minimum of 20 years of age
- Must have current Illinois Firefighter certificate and minimum EMT-B license
- Ability to pass the physical agility test and medical evaluation
- Starting pay: $16.74/hr for FF/EMT-B and $19.10/hr for FF/PM
Minooka Fire Protection District is seeking men and women interested in starting an exciting journey towards becoming a career firefighter. This is an excellent opportunity for highly motivated individuals, who are of good moral character, live an active lifestyle and are in good physical and health condition. Minooka Fire Protection District is a combination department of full-time, part-time, and volunteer firefighters. We respond to all levels of incidents, including advanced life support ambulance, specialized rescue and fire suppression, as well as conduct many community outreach programs such as inspection services, fire and life safety education and public safety awareness. Volunteer firefighters work side-by-side with on-duty firefighters, responding to calls, operating apparatus and providing fire suppression, rescue and life safety services, and training. The Fire District provides successful candidates with job training, education and certifications. Once the required training and education is completed, the volunteer firefighter will respond to emergencies alongside full-time and part-time firefighters. This is an excellent opportunity for men and women interested in becoming a career firefighter. Candidates who are dedicated and responsible in their service to the organization and community can result in a long and successful career in the fire service. If you are a resident of Minooka Fire Protection District, nearby Channahon, or Shorewood, contact us. Applicants who reside in Channahon and Shorewood will require our Fire District to gain approval from the Channahon and Troy Fire District to allow you serve as a volunteer firefighter in Minooka.
Minimum 18 years old, good physical condition, required to pass a medical physical and pass a physical agility evaluation; pass initial and random drug and alcohol screenings; no felony or serious misdemeanor conviction. Candidate must be committed to a schedule that requires a minimum of three hours of training per week at the fire station, which is necessary to complete orientation and fire academy which is held a couple of nights per week. Applicant is required to provide 3 letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an active service firefighter. Minooka Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are available on-line or at the Minooka Fire Protection District Headquarters, 7901 E. Minooka Rd. between hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday (excluding holidays). Return completed applications and supporting documentation to the above address and business hours.
Anyone, ages 15 up through their 18th birthday, lives within the Minooka, Channahon, Troy (Shorewood) Fire Protection Districts and maintains at least a “C” average in school, may apply. This is a great opportunity to become a part of a rewarding career in the fire service.
If you are interested in exploring volunteer opportunities with Minooka Fire Protection District, stop in Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4pm to pick up an application.
7901 East Minooka Road
Minooka, IL 60447