We are hiring!
We are testing for Full-time employment!
Click here to apply
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Minooka Fire Protection District:
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age, unless exempt as noted under state statute (65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.3) at time of application;
- No felony convictions (Note: Some misdemeanors will disqualify);
- Be a U.S. Citizen;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Have a High school Diploma or GED equivalent;
- APPLICANT MUST POSSESS:
- ILLINOIS STATE FIRE MARSHAL CERTIFIED FIREFIGHTER II OR BASIC OPERATIONS FIREFIGHTER AND a valid EMT-B License issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) at time of application, OR,
- BE A LICENSED PARAMEDIC (if a licensed paramedic, firefighter II or basic operations firefighter is not required at time of application)
- NOTICE: MUST BE A LICENSED PARAMEDIC AND A CERTIFIED FIREFIGHTER II OR BASIC OPERATIONS FIREFIGHTER AT DATE OF CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT AND SUCCESSFULLY TEST INTO THE EMS SYSTEM
- Provide proof of a current and valid CPAT card with ladder certification issued within 12 months of the application deadline date (November 17, 2023) to qualify for placement on any list of eligible candidates (70 ILCS 705/16.06b(f). Any costs associated with the CPAT and ladder certification will be at the expense of the applicant.
- NOTICE: In the event any applicant who has been found eligible for appointment and whose name has been placed upon the final eligibility register has not been appointed to a firefighter position within one year after the date of his or her CPAT examination with ladder certification, the Board will require proof of subsequent CPAT with ladder certification prior to his or her appointment. CPAT and Ladder certification must have been completed within one year of conditional offer.